32.17 ft | 1974 | Wasque - 32
Price: $93500.00 USD
Jamestown, RI US
When something beautiful enters your life, everything is better. To put a value on pride of ownership is impossible. Just sitting on MUKTUK brings a feeling of warmth and comfort. Pride of ownership abounds.
Strong, reliable, and elegant.MUKTUK is for all intents and purposes- a new boat. Stripped back to the bare hull from stem to stern, MUKTUK’s interior hull was cleaned and double coated with epoxy barrier coat.
Built in 1974 when the use of fiberglass was still “new” she is wildly overbuilt by today’s standards. The thickness of her hull makes her stiff, and self assured in a seaway. She slips through the water like a fish.
The Y2K refit:
A new propulsion system was installed. New engine, transmission, shaft and propeller. The Yanmar 4LHSTE is known by mechanics as one of Yanmar’s finest editions. New raw water intake and filtration systems were installed as was the exhaust system, controls, and steering.
A special custom made “bump up “ was made to fit inside the windshield so that the original lines remain the same when viewed from a distance, but cabin space down below is much larger than other boats of this type. A whole new interior was built with full length bunks, and a head with room to stand.
The main cockpit is solid half inch teak, with lift outs for viewing the new custom built fuel and water tanks. Beneath the varnished wood hard top is a seat that slides out to form another bunk. Roll down side curtains make the space above into a 3 season comfort zone. Further aft, a teak table folds open for entertaining.
The heater that runs off engine heat keeps interior spaces warm and cozy during late season cruises. The fresh water wash down tank uses both engine heat and shore power.
Every boat is special, but some are more special than others. A true classic with all of the advantages of a modern boat, MUKTUK is more than special, she is beautiful, dependable, substantial, and abiding.
- Yanmar 4LHA-STE 865 hours
- 1.35" diameter stainless steel shaft
- Bronze four bladed prop 19 RH 17
- 55 Amp engine alternator
- Apollo bronze seacocks
- ZF Hurth Marine HSW 630 A1 1.56 to B1.58 ratio
- 12v Par bilge pump
- Cabin heater MCA from New Ulm , MN. Hamilton Marine in Maine.
- Primary fuel filter Racor500 FG
- Groco raw water strainer.
- PSS shaft seal
- 12v blower
- 2 flooded wet cell battery's
- Ritchie compass
- 32 gallon stainless holding tank
- 27 gallon fuel tank and 100 gallon fuel stainless tank
- 43 gallon water tank stainless steel
- Molded laminated solid fiberglass hull.
- Molded fiberglass deck with balsa core.
- Solid plywood bulkheads
- Molded fiberglass skeg.
- Beautiful solid teak cockpit sole .
- Awlgrip deck with nonskid.
- Hatch on fore deck.
- Vee birth forward
- 7' port side berth
- Interior cushions very good condition. Made by Danielle Johnson in Newport
- Starboard side head with holding tank and Y-valve.
- 6 Stainless steel opening ports
- 12v electric panel with breaker switches
- Hot and Cold shower in cockpit by Scandvik
- Port side steering station with Morse single leaver engine and throttle control
- Engine room sound proofing
- Cabin lighting and Navigation lights
- Bow line 30' 5/8" Samson
- Stern line 2- 20' 5/8"
- Spring line 2- 20' 5/8"
- Many miscellaneous dock lines
- Danforth Anchor 100' 5/8' triple braid line
- CQR 150' 1' storm anchor with10' chain
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Yachts New England
Lyme, CT 06371
- Number Of Engines: 1
- Make: Wasque
- Year: 1974
- Model: 32
- Category: Power
- Boat Class: Power
- Boat Name: Muktuk
- Builder Name: Martha's Vineyard Shipyard
- Designer Name: Thompson
- Beam Measure: 9.83 ft
- Water Tank Count: 1
- Water Tank Capacity Measure: 43|gallon
- Water Tank Material Code: Stainless Steel
- Displacement Measure: 9,000 lb
- Total Engine Power Quantity: 169 hp
- Drive Type Code: Direct
- Electrical Circuit Measure: 12 V
- Number of Heads: 1
- Boat Hull Material Code: Fiberglass
- Nominal Length: 32 ft
- Length Overall: 32.17 ft
- Max Draft: 2.83 ft
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4LHA-STE
- Engine Fuel: diesel
- Engine Power: 169|horsepower
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine Year: 2000
- Engine Hours: 865